Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Generic Blog Title Here

LOL - we'll see if a new blog title comes to me by the end of this entry!

We had a pretty good weekend here. The kids and I drove B. crazy with our indecisiveness on Saturday. The weather was nice, and he was really trying to get us moving, but we refused to be moved. Or more accurately - we refused to agree on a place we wanted to be moved to, and ended up piddling around the house. Eventually B. snapped and went off on his own to regain his sanity.

Sunday it rained most of the day, and foiled our bbq plans, but I got to go to the mall and shop all by myself for four whole hours! Bliss. I only spent $37, but I took away so much more than a bag full of new clothes, LOL!

Monday I vowed to make it a better day for the hubby, but then I got involved in doing some homeschool lesson planning (I get organized once in a while), and the kids were doing their thing, so I shooed B. out the door for a "real" bike ride. He got about 14 miles in, came home, and then we rounded up the troops for a family ride. N. rides her own bike, and A. rides on a trail-a-bike. He was pretty cute - kept standing on his pedals as he pedaled, and was feeling like BMOC. We headed to Marymoor park, played on the playground, zipped around the velodrome, and scaled the climbing wall (okay, half the wall), and then jetted back to the van. From there we made a stop at the yummiest ice cream place, Theno's Dairy, which serves Vivian's Pride Ice Cream. Did I say "yum" already?

Today N. had drama, where they are practicing for their performance of the book Farmer Duck. Afterwards, we went home to pack up a lunch and *gasp* swimsuits for parkday with our homeschool group. It's really starting to feel like summer around here! This evening N. took me for a nature walk around the backyard, pointing out all the highlights. When we stopped to check on the strawberry plants, I noticed spittlebug froth, and went to scrape it off with a stick. It wasn't just one little bug - it was 4! And there were more, all of over my precious strawberry plants!!! This meant war, especially because I had found one on one of my new blueberry bushes in the front yard just yesterday. I shall prevail!!!! bwaa ha ha ha....

No comments: