Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Slightly new layout

Thanks to http://tips-for-new-bloggers.blogspot.com/ I went in and edited my template to create a 3-column layout for my blog. I like it!

Rain, rain, go away. Do you think my tomatoes will ever ripen if summer doesn't make a final stand in the next week or so?

Day 3 of OGTKTBE: The youngest was asleep by 8:30. He was sound asleep within a few minutes of his head hitting the pillow. The oldest and I got caught up watching the first episode of Different Strokes on YouTube. It's not the first time YouTube has led me astray. Full of rabbit trails, I tell you! Would you like to hear how we ended up there? We were reading a comic strip that mentioned a "dumb waiter". Of course N. didn't know what one was, so I googled it to find an image. This reminded me of that show in the 80's with Emanuel Lewis: Webster (for those of you who don't remember, Webster would sometimes ride in their dumb waiter). Off I went to YouTube, where there were surprisingly few episodes to be found. But what did I see in related videos? Diff'rent Strokes. Yes indeed - YouTube is the blackhole of cyberspace.

Anyway, she's now asleep next to me on the couch, and I'll be hauling her 70lbs. sleeping body off to her room as soon as I'm done here. G'nite!

2 comments:

Kila said...

I like your new look :)

Laura K. said...

Thanks! I was scared to death each time I deleted part of the code, and pasted in the new stuff. I had saved a backup of the original, but I was anxious none the less.