Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Lots o' photos

Packages on the front step are always a nice surprise, especially when they are addressed to you!



A mom and her boy. A little blurry, but I still like it.



Auntie SixGreenZebras and cousin The Little Man came over...




I made his cake, but had some icing issues. I couldn't find my writing tips anywhere, so I tried to improvise by piping the icing through the corner of a plastic bag. It was sort of working, until the side of the bag split open and exploded all over, and then I was suddenly short on green. I'm still proud of my little cake wreck...


Little Brother stayed home sick again today. Lots more coughing and sniffling, but his fever is lower. I printed out his homework from his teacher's class website so that we're not scrambling to get caught up when he goes back to school.

Tomorrow is Big Sister's first dress rehearsal for the upcoming play! Exciting stuff!

2 comments:

The Beachbums said...

His birthday cake turned out great! Be proud of your artistic ability. I'm sure our nieto loved it. It looks yummy.

Laura K. said...

Thanks. I should really take a cake decorating class someday - I think I'd enjoy it. And it was yummy, in spite of the fact that I'd slightly overcooked the layers (ie. I opened the oven door and smoke came billowing out). Frosting can hide so much, LOL! The birthday boy was happy because it met both his requests: chocolate and sprinkles.