Tuesday, March 18, 2008

2 kids with a cold, plus 1 mom with a cold equals...

A really pitiful lot, we are! I literally felt the cold coming on somewhere between the library and the grocery store. My eyes started to ache, my throat got scratchy, and nose began to run. Nice. It's not bad enough to put us out of commission, but just bad enough to feel kinda bleh.

Under the pressure of "making adequate monthly progress" (belonging to the virtual academy, even part-time is starting to grow old) our school day went on as normal. N. and I played a fun game together for her spelling review. I can't take credit for it - it was listed under today's activities. It's basically tic-tac-toe, but in order to be able to write your "x" or "o", you have to spell a spelling word out loud. We had the words on little squares of paper and tossed them into a small grab bag. One person would reach in and then read the word for the other person to spell. It was great - reinforced the reading of the words for N., and made the spelling part more fun. She says she'd like to do that again sometime.

I found out today that next year the drama class that N. is currently in will be open for 5-9 year olds. This presents a dilemma. I'd really wanted A. to take this class next fall, but he made it clear that he doesn't want to do it alone (and this year the class was described as being for K-3rd, so I figured N. wouldn't do it again). Now that N. can take it with him, I'm not sure I want to hold her back. If we do sign her up for it, should I also sign her up for the production class for the 8-12 year olds (which was my plan originally)? She was actually excited when I mentioned the possiblity of her taking the class with her brother. There aren't many activities that they get to do together like this - usually he's too young, or she's too old. Oh, the drama classes are at Studio East in Kirkland. I'll run it by hubby and see what he thinks (his usual response is something along the lines of "Whatever you think is best, dear", LOL).

2 comments:

The Beachbums said...

So sorry you came down with it too L. Focus on the fact that you will be in sunny Mexico in just about 4 weeks. It will be so beautiful down here in April. Been a little cool up until now but starting to warm up now. Well sounds like homeschooling is going well with more fun/educational plans in the future. Love & kisses to the kids. Grandma & Grandpa

vegiemama said...

Get well soon! I'm sorry you're feeling so under the weather :-(