Thursday, December 6, 2007

Stupid comment of the day

Things are returning to normal around here, as far as the weather goes, and evidence of the flooding is gradually being cleaned up. There are areas north that were very hard hit and are still without power. Not to downplay what they are going through after 3 or 4 days without power (we were there ourselves last December when a windstorm knocked out our power for 9 days), but I had to roll my eyes when I heard the news anchor (in his very somber, serious news anchor voice) say:

"... families still without power. Some are even having to eat a cold breakfast this morning."

Huh? Could they not have come up with a better line than that to express the hardship the lack of electricity is causing? Just "they are having to eat a cold breakfast"? If that's the case, than I want all of you to know just how bad we have it hear at our house where I will be going upstairs and eating *gasp* COLD cereal and milk once I get off the computer. I know, I know... it's tragic really. Leave a comment for me so that I can provide an address where you can send me donations so that I can have a good hot meal of eggs, sausage, and hashbrowns and not suffer through another cold breakfast again.

1 comment:

vegiemama said...

Oh my! Now there was an inane comment, if I ever heard one. Tee hee!