Thursday, December 25, 2008

Merry Christmas!

We had a great Christmas, spent with family today. Lost power for about 8 hours, but managed to spend most of that time at my sister's, who thankfully did have power. The temperature has been warming up just slightly, and as the snow gets heavier on the tree branches, we've been hearing the snap and crack of branches coming down everywhere. When we got home, hubby and I surveyed the damage around our yard, and it looks like we've lost five trees so far. I'm most saddened by the loss of the dogwood tree in our frontyard. It sure was a pretty tree.

The yard with dogwood blooming in the late spring...

The dogwood today...



And here's our mock orange tree...


And the crabapple...


Our magnolia tree, and our backyard apple tree also sustained damage.

Here's Hubby up on the roof shoveling snow yesterday...


Here I was, providing moral support and getting photo documentation (my mom took this shot)...


Here's our street, looking up the hill from the end of our driveway...


The backyard, looking towards the house...


A few other random shots...






Hope you all had Merry Christmas, and are safe and sound!

5 comments:

JenPB said...

Wow! The snow looks FANTASTIC! I envy your snow. Sorry about the dogwood tree. It was really fantastic, wasn't it?

You're wondering, do you know me? No, you don't. But I found your blog and have a particular interest as a homeschooling mom (I'd call us eclectic at this point) with personal interest (grandma's house) in the PNW. :)

Laura K. said...

Thanks for stopping by, Jen. The tree was a bummer, but things could have been worse, so I'm coping, LOL!

Once I stop being fixated on this crazy weather, I'll try to get back to more posts on our eclectic homeschooling journey.

JenPB said...

Fantastic! We've been homeschooling since 2005, if you don't count those first five years of parenting! ;) But we've not settled into a "style" unless eclectic counts. There are SO many options, so many things to enjoy, so many ways to go about it we just can't settle, and it's wonderful! I love to hear what other eclectic souls find works (and doesn't).

Anonymous said...

Enjoyed your photos.

Almost looks like Wisconsin ;)

Laura K. said...

Kila - hmm... we're looking like Wisconsin, huh? Somehow that doesn't make me feel any better, LOL! Two weeks into the snow and they FINALLY plowed our road. We'd of course already shoveled our driveway, so when the 3 ft. high snow berms appeared and trapped us in, I immediately thought of you.