Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Who, exactly, is evil?

Remember I said I was going to switch A. over to a gluten-free diet? Well yesterday was the big shopping day to aquire all the things I would need to make that happen. I'd already purchased a book by the Gluten-Free Gourmet, and had a list of the different flours, etc. I needed to find, plus all the other grocery items we needed. We went to Whole Foods, which I don't usually frequent because they're a little farther away then I like (plus there are at least 8 other grocery stores closer to me), but I knew they'd be sure to have most of what I needed. Of course, going to a store you're not familiar with means that it's going to take forever. To top that off, A. fell asleep in the car on the way over, so I had to wake him in order to go in and shop.

At some point in the day I had mentioned getting a cookie at the grocery store. About 30 minutes into our shopping, A. starts saying, in this creepy, monsterous voice "I want a cookie NOW!" It became a loud chant before I finally decided I had to say something about it, but it was getting a little embarassing. Still, every once in a while he'd pipe in with that scary sounding voice "I want a cookie NOW!". Funny, but somehow mothers have an ability to tune that kind of stuff out after awhile. Shortly there after I realized that the chant had changed to "Evil Mommy! Evil Mommy!" Geez, this kid was on a roll this afternoon! Honestly, he's usually not like this, which is fortunate for both of us. The highlight was when some poor, unsuspecting mother, with three delightful, quiet, young children, one of which who was just a sweet, innocent little baby, turned down our aisle. "EVIL BABY!! EVIL BABY!!" shouts my spawn in that creepy, satan voice while pointing at that angelic little soul. He is definitely overstaying his welcome, and it was high time for us to be going. *I* was ready to be out of there, or at the very least was about to hide myself behind the nearest organic nuts display.

Happily, the shopping trip was worth it because last night I whipped out some of the most awesome bread that's ever come out of my breadmachine. A. even ate it this morning. He's never eaten any of my homemade bread. Had he not eaten it, I'm sure I'd be starting up a chant of my own right about now.

1 comment:

Kila said...

Best of luck to you with the new diet! I hope he continues to like it!