Thursday, August 2, 2007

MN Bridge Collapse

The images from the collapse of the bridge through Minneapolis are heart-wrenching. It's so hard to imagine something like this really happening. Such a terrible tragedy. My thoughts and prayers are with all the families there.

One kind of weird coincidence about the timing of all this is that we just read about this section of the Mississippi river last week in Minn of the Mississipi (that I wrote about in my last blog entry). We read about St. Anthony Falls, and the twin cities area. Before last week, I don't think I even knew that the Mississippi River went through Minnesota, let alone began there. As mine and the kids' world grew to include the Mississippi riverside through Minnesota, this tragedy occurred. Makes it all the more real.

No comments: