Tuesday, November 25, 2008

and now a little humor

Tonight, after reading a story to the kids, Little Brother was laying down next to me. He was being very still, with his body very straight, and his arms straight down along his body. Then he said to me:

"Look, Mom! I'm the Floating Bridge!"

For my non-local blog readers, the 520 Floating Bridge is one of two bridges connecting the Eastside with Seattle, across Lake Washington. My kids are both fans of this bridge. I'm not really sure why, other than we drive across it when we're on our way to cool places, like the zoo or the science center.

I should also mention that Little Brother announced to me yesterday that he'd recently had a "color divorce". This term was new to me, so he was kind enough to fill me in:

"You know how sometimes people get married, and then they decide they want to marry someone else? Well, a color divorce is like that. It's when your favorite color isn't your favorite color anymore."

For anyone keeping track, the color "green" is now single. Purple and Little Brother are now hitched.

And in other news, we were able to create a fix so that we didn't have to replace the $100 piece that broke off the washing machine earlier today. I love it when we manage to figure things out for ourselves and avoid large repair bills. The internet was hugely helpful, especially partselect.com - we were able to look at schematics online, and get an idea what we were looking for.

Off to do laundry!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Haha, Little Brother is funny. (Fire loves the color purple, but won't tell anyone, since it's a "girl" color!) Congrats on fixing the washing machine yourselves!

Anonymous said...

ah, the color divorce made me laugh out loud ;^)

Laura K. said...

Kila - yes, fixing the washer ourselves was hugely rewarding. I can't tell you how reassuring it is to hear that Fire also loves the color purple. I keep trying to tell myself that it's just a color, but... it's a GIRL color. ;P

Lori - glad you enjoyed the laugh, and thanks for stopping by!