Tuesday, November 4, 2008

The suspense is going to kill me...(update)


Please go vote today, if you haven't already. I've been hearing estimates as high as 85% for voter turn out, which would be phenomenal. This election is a real nailbiter, and the suspense today may just do me in. I'm taking Big Sister to the polls with me after I get Little Brother on the bus. That gives me about 2 1/2 hours to stand in line if need be. Rumor has it that 50% of my county's voters are absentee, so I'm hopeful my polling place won't be too crowded. I'll let you know how it goes.

UPDATE: Big Sister and I went out to vote this morning. We waited briefly to get checked in, opted for the paper ballot, walked right up to a voting booth and bubbled in all my choices. Then we were on our way! Easy schmeezy. Quite a few provisional ballots were handed out while I was there, for voters with names missing off the books, or who had lost their mail-in ballots and still wanted to vote.

And now we wait....

No comments: