Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Let that be a lesson to ya!

I volunteered at Little Brother's school today. They needed some volunteers to help with the hearing and vision screening they do on all the kids each fall. I found a friend to ship Big Sister off to, and decided to give it a go. I was assigned to test hearing. It went well, with the exception of the poor little girl who I injured shortly after she sat down at my hearing station. I was about to fit the headphones over her ears when I accidently let go of one side, which caused the ear piece to spring back into her face. She looked absolutely horrified, and would no longer make eye contact. I told her that when she got back out with her classmates, be sure to tell them to watch out for the mean blonde lady with glasses. That's right. Don't mess with me.









...only kidding on that last part.... Unfortunately I really did smack her in the face with the headphones. What? It's not like she cried! But she did remain very still and did exactly what I asked of her for the rest of her time at my station.

2 comments:

Six Green Zebras said...

I'm sensing a trend here as of late. Do you have some misplaced anger?

That's pretty stinkin' funny! Poor girl. I won't tell the Little Man, his is Thursday.

Laura K. said...

LOL - I was thinking the same thing! First I "accidently" pull a chair out as my sister is about to sit down. Then I "accidently" whack this little girl in the head. I don't know what's wrong with me, but the world better steer clear for a while.