Tuesday, October 14, 2008

One more sunny day

We have to take advantage of these last few sunny days, since we don't know which one will be our last. It could be months before we have any natural UV again! We spent part of the afternoon at parkday with our hs group.

This morning I drove Little Brother's library book to school. I debated about making him suffer without his book, but it was library day, and he loves checking out a new book each week. He can only check out a new one if the old one gets checked back in first. He seems to like the Kevin Henke books. So far he's checked out "Owen", "Julius, the Baby of the World", and "Wemberly Worried". I asked him tonight if he ever goes anywhere besides the "H" shelf, but he didn't seem to get what I was asking. Last week he brought home "I Know an Old Lady Who Swallowed a Fly", but it turns out another kid in class had pulled it off the shelf and then asked A. if he wanted it. It's a good thing I enjoy the Kevin Henke books, otherwise the stories about cute little mice would be getting mighty old by now!

Tomorrow I go volunteer for the first time in his classroom at school. It also happens to be Brown day, so I'll have to dress appropriately.

3 comments:

Six Green Zebras said...

That's so funny. I love seeing what the Little Man brings home - last year it was bright, geometric prints on the cover that caught his eye. This year it is 'nature' type stuff - space, bugs, weather...library day is today and I asked if he could check out a 'real story', you know - one that I can actually sit down and read to him at bed time.

The Beachbums said...

So glad A is having such a good time with library books. What fun for both of you. By the way, great christmas gift idea too. :) Thanks.

Laura K. said...

G&S - I guess his library time at school must be more focused than his time when we go ourselves. When I take him to the library, he always heads over to the children's videos/dvds!

SGZ - it is pretty interesting seeing what they come home with. His life outside of home is such a mystery to me.