Sunday, October 19, 2008

Out of the mouths of babes...

The other day Big Sister told me that she heard there's a guy named Dino Rossi running for governor, but she saw a commercial that said there are a lot of people that don't like him. She also saw a commercial that showed Christine Gregoire, and it said that a lot of people don't like her, either.

"Mom? If you don't like any of the candidates that are running, do you have to vote for one?"

A good question, my dear, a very good question....

5 comments:

The Beachbums said...

Wow really shows N is paying attention even at her young age and thinking it through too. That's excellent! If only more adults would do that.

Six Green Zebras said...

Great observation, N. One I'm facing myself. I'm having no trouble with my vote for president, but...governer??? I think we need a redo because neither of them appear to be good options.

Kila said...

Do we have to? Hmm, I think so. Pick the one you like best/hate least.

Laura K. said...

I was pleased to see she's been paying attention, and that she's been thinking things through.

Kila, I did tell her that when it comes down to it, you just have to pick the one that you believe will make choices that will be best for the people they're serving. Some elections that choice is easier than others!

Laura K. said...

Oh, and SGZ - I agree. Our governor choices in WA are stunningly uninspiring this year. Definitely a "lesser of two evils" choice in that race, unfortunately.