Friday, October 31, 2008

Halloween day

Big Sis and I went over to Little Brother's school today for his class Halloween party. He dressed up as Indiana Jones/an explorer for school because there were rules about no costumes with violent themes, and I wasn't sure how they'd feel about a Jedi. He wore a denim shirt with khaki pants, a safari hat, and a pair of binoculars.


Earlier this week I found out that some of the merchants in town were going to be hosting a community trick-or-treat this afternoon, which of course the kids thought was an excellent idea. Big Sister decided that she felt too self-conscious in the vet costume ("Can't I be a black cat? Everyone else is being a black cat"), plus she kept having to tell people that she was a vet, not a doctor, so she abandoned it to be a butterfly instead. Little Brother went to a party as a pirate yesterday and had a lot of fun with the moustache and goatee, so he opted for that character again this afternoon.





I found this picture on the camera this evening. It's from the other night when Sis sat next to me on the couch taking pictures of this and that. She got a really nice self-portrait of herself and her favorite stuffed animal, Spotsy...



So we've eaten dinner (homemade pizza), and we're now waiting for night to fall so we can head out with the kids around the neighborhood to trick-or-treat. With any luck we'll be able to duck out between rain showers. Wish us luck!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope you had fun trick-or-treating! Indiana Jones is well-liked by my boys!

Six Green Zebras said...

LOVE your new background!!!

Laura K. said...

Kila - we did have a good time, and the kids' baskets were overflowing by the time they were done.

SGZ - thanks! It kind of reminds me of a vest and brown corduroys that mom made for me when I was about 8 years old. :P

Anonymous said...

You are an amazing Mom Laura!! The costumes are great but you must have been going crazy with all the changes. Or maybe you had a fun time with it. I am sure you did.

Laura K. said...

Hey Anon- Thanks! Fortunately my kids are still really into dress-up and pretend play, so this wasn't so terribly different than any other week at my house - with the exception that they were now going out in public. They're going to have to work a little harder to make Mom go crazy!